Are Pick and Pack Fees the only factor when deciding whether or not to use a Pick &Pack Company?
By Carrie Welborn
There’s more to choosing a provider than just looking at pick and pack fees. Price should never be the only deciding factor when choosing any service for businesses. Everything comes down to offering the best product at the most competitive price. How about customer service? Will a Pick and Pack offer your product in a timely manner?
Other things to consider before making a decision:
- Compare Cost – Compare the cost of the service to in house cost
- Quality – Never compromise cost for quality. You want the company you choose to perform as if you were running the company
- What do others say? – Pre-screening should include looking into finances, checking references and rankings
- What do your own customers say? – Feedback you get from your customers will give you a good indication of how well they are performing. If there is a problem you need to know.
- Fees – Do they have minimum pick and pack fees, storage fees, pallet fees.
- Contract – Do they have a long contract. Can you leave whenever you want?
- Loss of Product – How does the company handle situations when merchandise is lost? This can affect your bottom line. Do they have a record of damaged merchandise and how often do they cycle count?
- Software – Are you required to purchase any special software to use their service?
As a Business owner, you have a lot of choices to make regarding your shipping and warehousing needs. In allowing a Pick & Pack to handle your distribution, you are relinquishing control and allowing someone else to take charge. If they are dependable AND cost effective, it may just be what you need to stream line your business and allow you to concentrate on growing your business. So take a look at other critical factors and don’t just make a decision based upon pick and pack fees.