A pick and pack provider, works with shipping companies to manage logistical operations in many areas. This includes but is not limited to housing of materials, providing certain rates, and freight transportation. Some pick and pack companies will specialize in certain industries while others in a specific area of operations, such as warehousing.
Even though some companies prefer to handle these responsibilities independently in-house, it can often prove to be much more overwhelming than they originally anticipate. The process of housing and shipping materials can take a lot of time and effort, and can ultimately take away from the purpose of the business. If that becomes the case, then what is the point of starting a business in the first place? Below are the top 5 reasons to use a pick and pack warehouse.
- Purpose: Since the primary function of a pick and pack warehouse is to execute the supply chain in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, there are fewer distractions for them and their workers and other responsibilities to get in the way. This is not always the case when companies have to handle the duties themselves as people are constantly being pulled in multiple directions. Pick and pack employees do not need to wear as many hats. If they need to restructure the supply-chain, they can do it much more easily. They are up to date on the newest technology and practices, as well as the entire process from beginning to end. This is especially helpful if any errors or unforeseen developments occur along the way. If you are unsure of the process itself, a 3PL warehouse can put your mind at ease.
- Resources: Pick and pack companies are generally run by seasoned professionals who have a large network of contacts available that provides advantages over in-house supply chains. If the warehouse has a solid reputation of customer service and success, this is generally a much larger network than most companies have. They can use established relationships and discounts, to lower overhead and provide the fastest possible service. Choosing a pick and pack provider allows your company to benefit from resources which are unavailable in-house.
- Value: Real estate is expensive, especially for a warehouse. By using a pick and pack warehouse you can reduce costs not only by eliminating the need to invest in extra space, but also in hiring staff and transportation costs that are necessary in order to operate. Furthermore, they should handle all paperwork and issues related to billing, training, audits, and operations.
- Scalability: Scalability is business or system’s ability to handle a growing amount of work and the potential for growth. Another benefit of using a 3PL warehouse is the ability to adjust space and labor based on inventory and products. Many pick and pack providers have warehouses strategically placed around the world that ensure efficiency and delivery across the world for the same lower costs that support growth. This can result in a re-engineering of distribution markets, which is often an unexpected blessing during times of growth.
- Flexibility: Certain businesses are seasonal and not as active during certain parts of the year. For example, a company that makes products for Christmas does not need as much warehouse space in May. Pick and pack providers can work with the businesses and relieve stress during transitions between seasonal industry chances. They can use more (or less) space and resources when necessary. This flexibility can also potentially help grow sales in newer markets.
The shipping process is one of the most crucial decisions you make when growing a business. Does a pick and pack company make the most sense for you? Contact us today to get more information and find the pick and pack provider that best fits your needs and location.